Thursday, February 17, 2011

Coffee by the Decades (50s-60s instant coffee ads)

As the fifties ended and the sixties began, companies began making products for the "the modern woman".   Instant coffee, microwaves, sliced bread...aaahh now that makes a woman's life easier.  Here are a couple of ads from reflecting modernizing times....I find them slightly odd for different reasons:


Umm...I think your beans are on fire....they really shouldn't continue to smoke like that...and you may not want to shove your bare hands in those smoking beans...ouch.




"If I could just make a good cup of coffee I could muster enough self-esteem to leave my sexist jerk of a husband"

Love this one...now that man is modern!  But I have the sneaky suspicion he has more in those flavor buds than he is confessing....are the stars on the jar there before you drink the buds or do they "appear" after?


I am a little nervous for that woman after the crew goes home.....

No comments:

Post a Comment